Thursday, April 3, 2008

BIG MAN

Faujis are usually lucky men: they get all thats good - good salaries, good hostels, good salaries, good staafas, good salaries.

The BIG MAN is ONE lucky guy - the luckiest! I narrate to you a story not often spoken about nor has it been told before...

When once I got to his office late, he told me "kia hua? lab mein gappain lagaatay reh gaye?".... DEAD SILENCE... Now, I had but no choice: I ran towards him and kissed his feet. This man is blessed guys. He knows even though he isn't there. How could he know? How did he know? What else does he know? He once said "Mujhay pata chal jaata hai ke kon cheating karr raha hai?". Appreciate the ability of this man people. He has this gutt instinct that's never incorrect. People like these are rare but we - those at EME - are lucky that they are found everywhere.

ahem.... Back to our original story then..

When I got to know of the gift of this great man, I didn't go running out telling other people. I remained quiet. You see guys, these personalities shine out. News of this prodigious talent spread throughout the Campus. At the cafe, once on a route he called one of my colleagues - told him "jaib se card bahir nikalo". My friend was awe-struck. How could BIG MAN know where the card was? What are the chances that he would be accurate to such a degree? Travelling across the college, BIG MAN has won a lot of fans. These devout people have always been loyal to him.


After all the respect I had for him, I never went to his office for checking my paper. This time however, it was different I was brainwashed into believing that BIG MAN was human after all and can make mistakes.

"Mujhay pata hai ke tumm ne ghaltian kii hon gii... issi liye mein ne tumharay number pehle hii kaat diye aur jabb ghalti mili, to aur ziada numbers kaat diay"... such was his foreseight and justice. So, I was going back, amused as always. Suddenly, I heard him call me. "Aik keeray mein aur haathi mein zameen aasmaan ka farq hai" (wow, subhaan Allah). And I still remember these words as if they were thrown at me yesterday. Then he tells me that we are about to go for a walk... It was neither the Walk nor a Trot that BIG MAN preferred, and it was causing me alot of trouble. He would make fans instantaneously with his sleek predictions. By the time we got to pace, it was a terrific following that we had. Someone suggested that such talent has to be announced and made public.

TEA AT PACE: "Iss chai ka doodh" holding the cup higher than usual "Sahiwal se aata hai". Everyone was awe-struck - again!

MAGRIB: We decided to pray in the mosque with BIG MAN as our Imam. Humble and shy, he reluctantly agreed. Right after the Aqamah was recited, BIG MAN started running - fast and he jumped outside. Just as we were wondering, an earthquake hit and the Mosque fell down.

I haven't seen BIG MAN since he ran away at Magrib that day. But one thing is for sure: he was mighty good.



COMMENTS:
---------
1) You people are BIG's followers.
2) BIG men are teaching you. You are learning nothing.
3) At the ending, BIG MAN ran away because he didn't know what actually is done during prayer.
4) The Mosque falling down on us symbolizes our achievement: jo imaarat kharii hii khachii matii pe ho, ussay dhaanay mein ziada deir nahii lagtii..
5) BIG MAN running away means that once our future is ruined at the hands of poor teachers, they wont have anything to do with us again. They'd look for fresh prey. The BIG imam represents a poor teacher. The BIG administrator is a poor administrator. Magrib is when we are about to complete our day (try relating to finishing our degree education).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool man... but wha?